Besides being a tasty snack and a great part of so many delicious recipe ideas, almonds are also good for your health! We found this list of nut health facts in the Nuts for Life Nut Recipe Book 2:
- Eating a handful of nuts (30 grams) at least five times a week can reduce the risk of developing heart disease by 30-50% compared to people who don’t eat nuts.
- Two handfuls of nuts a day (around 60 grams) may lower blood cholesterol by 5% – and in particular ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol by 7%.
- A handful of nuts (30 grams) at least five times a week may reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 27% in women, and improves blood glucose and insulin sensitivity.
- Including nuts in your healthy-eating plan can help with weight management and reduce the risk of developing obesity.
- A daily handful of nuts has been linked with living longer.
- Enjoy eating a Mediterranean diet? The PREDIMED studies show adding 30 grams of nuts a day improves longevity, cardiovascular health, diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
How many almonds should you eat each day?
A daily serve of nuts is at least 30 grams or around a handful. That’s around just 20 almonds!
Casarosa Australia are growers and marketers of premium quality Australian Almonds. We harvest, process and export premium quality almonds all around the world. Please contact us for more information.